Sunday, July 22, 2012

Our little reader!

 At the beginning of summer when I told Wyatt he needed to practice his reading over the summer, his response was 'mom I already know how to read.'
But then I had him read the end of the year letter from his teacher that explained how if you don't use it, you will loose it.  Between that, a trip to the library and me giving up on asking....he now reads for about 1/2 hour on his own.  Every morning this week I hear him in his room click on his bedside light and just lay in bed listening to him turning the pages.  I love it!  The other day Caden got up before Wyatt was 'done with his book' so Wyatt invited him to join him.  Gotta love that even more!!!
 I could have watched this all morning!
Couple more days in a row and I told Wyatt we could go buy a Cheetah book. 
He is kind of excited.  The boy loves his big cats!!

No comments: